1.Where is the school located?
Binagadi district, A.Nakhchivani 9, Baku city.
2. How long has the school been functioning?
Dunya school was founded in 1998 as part of Khazar University.
3. What is the admission policy?
The students are assessed in different subjects according to the grade level. For enrollment, submit the online inquiry form (dunyaschool.az), call, or visit the school.
4. What is the school schedule?
Classes for Grades 9-11 start at 8:00 A.M., while classes for Grades 1-8 start at 8:30 A.M. All classes are over at 4:05 P.M. The students have regular classes in the morning and do their assignments in the afternoon.
5. What is the regular class size?
The class size varies from 15 to 20 students.
6. How is the working staff selected?
The hiring and selection process for the teachers is highly competitive. The school staff consists of local and international faculty.
7. What is the school uniform policy?
The students are required to wear a school uniform.
8. Are the students provided with textbooks?
There is no textbook in Primary Years. The students are provided with all kinds of print-out materials that align with the curriculum. For Grade 5-11, students buy the textbooks from the school library.
9. Is there a full-time homeroom teacher for each class?
Each class is assigned to a full-time homeroom teacher.
10. Do the students do homework at school?
The students are given regular homework which they can complete during their free time in school or at home.
11. How do you support students in different subjects?
Extra classes are provided for students who have difficulties in certain subjects.
12. Which foreign languages are taught at school?
English is the language of instruction for all the grades of IB School. German, French, Spanish, and Russian are taught as additional foreign languages according to student’s choice.
13. What extra-curricular activities are available at school?
The school has extensive extra-curricular activities offered for Grades 1 -11. SAT, IELTS, TOEFL courses are held in the Education Centre.
14. How is the student knowledge assessed?
Student progress is monitored through formative and summative assessments. The school evaluation department holds oral and written final tests at the end of each term. (January and May)
15. When does the school year begin and end?
The school year starts in September and ends in mid-June. Classes start on September 1 for IB DP students, PYP and MYP students start the school year on September
16. Is there any summer school program organized by the school?
Summer school camps are organized by the school both in and out of the country each summer.
17. How do you take care of the students’ nutrition?
Students’ meals are prepared and served in the school canteen. The school adheres to the safety of food handling and hygiene standards.
18. What is the annual tuition fee?
For inquiries, please, contact the numbers: For IB MYP and IB DP (+994 70) 3072721; for PYP (+994 70 8180889); or read the section “Tuition Fees”
19. Is there any discount on the tuition fee?
If more than 2 children from the same family study at school, the second and the other children get a discount on the total tuition fee.
20. Can the school tuition fee be paid in parts?
The tuition fee is paid in two installments according to the contract.
21. Does the school fee include the bus service?
The bus service fee is not included in the school tuition fee.
22. Do the students take part in Olympic Games?
Dunya school students take part in local and international competitions and Olympic games.
23. How do you organize the free time for the students?
The students can read in the library, play chess, take part in entertaining and intellectual games, and in sports events during their free time.
24. How do you provide safety at school?
The school has a security service and the entrance is controlled with turnstiles.
25. What are the school graduate results?
Our graduates score high results in exams and enter the top local and international universities.
26. How do you organize students’ preparation for the universities?
The classes in Grade 9, 10, and 11 are organized according to the students’ preferences.
27. Is there any discount from the tuition fee if the student gains a high score in the admission?
There are exceptions for those who score the highest in the admission tests.
28. Is there any school dormitory?
The school has no dormitory.
29. Are there cases when students are expelled from the school?
According to the contract signed between the parent and the school, the students who break the school behavior code or fail to meet the academic requirements are expelled from the school.